Our Federal Government client is seeking experienced information designers to provide graphic design, visual communication, and project management support to a strategic User Centred Design Team.
The team is responsible for establishing design traceability and capability and working closely with the broader Architecture, Design and Delivery Branch that enables the Digital Solutions Division to build the right things and then build things right.
This role will develop a wide variety of presentation visuals and infographics that help leaders and technical staff understand and adopt various strategies, benefits, and programs. As part of a motivated multi-disciplinary team and branch you will analyse complex information and data in order to visualise it in innovative ways, teasing out the narrative that effectively tells the user-centred story.
InDesign, PowerPoint, and other software in a Microsoft environment will be used to communicate that story to a non-technical audience in print, online, multimedia and in events/presentations.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Distilling complex and/or technical written information into effective visual communication products (such as diagrams and infographics).
- Working as a member of a team to design materials for multiple channels, including print and online distribution to meet business objectives.
- Working collaboratively on projects, providing expert and timely creative advice to ensure high design standards across key projects.
- Ensuring materials for publishing comply with WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines and Digital Transformation Agency recommendations.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships both internally and externally
- Appropriate management of time and workload
- Ensuring that any materials produced meet the requirements of the Department’s visual style guide and are consistent with the appropriate branding guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in typesetting for (print) and UI/UX (digital) design experience for online products and using Adobe Creative Suite software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and XD, in a Microsoft environment
- Experience in designing with / translating visuals into Microsoft products, such as PowerPoint, Publisher etc.
- Exceptional visual communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information graphically to non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard and/or the UK Design Council’s Double Diamond Model
- Qualifications in graphic or visual design or another related field would be highly regarded.
- Versatility across a wide range of user experience practices, including user research, stakeholder engagement, information architecture, interaction design, UI/visual design, prototyping and testing.
If interested please apply directly through the links provided. Alternately, please feel free to contact Raj for more information.
0422 375 690
Due to the nature of the role Australian citizens need only apply.
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: