One of our leading clients in the federal government space is looking for two Unified Communications Engineers. Requiring an NV1 clearance, this role will support extensive global voice and video network, distributed across 80 sites in over 50 countries.
These roles will form a two person UC support team that is part of the Network Communications team. The roles are primarily responsible for operational support for a mix of on-premises and cloud-based UC systems but may also include some small project work.
- You will be involved in the support of global voice and video services
- You will be involved in performing day-to-day administration activities for global voice and video operations.
- Support will involve responding to system problems and rectifying faults.
- Support will also involve maintenance operations such as configuration and system upgrades.
- You will monitor voice and video system health and maintain a systems disaster recovery manual.
- Ensure all voice and video conference service documentation and standard operating procedures are up to date and relevant.
- You will work with project teams to support delivery of new IT services and upgrades.
Key Skills Required
- You will have operational experience and troubleshooting skills with large UC deployments.
- You will have Knowledge of SIP trunking and experience deploying and managing SIP telephony.
- Experience with the Cisco UC Suite, including CUCM, CUC & UCCX. • Working knowledge of conferencing solutions including WebEx and Expressway C/E, MRA, & B2B
- Experience with IM & Presence products.
- Desirable to have experience with Microsoft Teams Calling & Conferencing products
- Cisco certification such as CCNP(Voice)
- Must have an AGSVA NV1 security clearance
Apply now for immediate consideration or for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Gavin Campbell on 0411 439 639 or firstname.lastname@example.org