About the role
The Test Engineer ensures that their test effort is effectively executed and that allocated activities are completed in a structured, consistent manner in accordance with agreed test guidelines. The Test Engineer uses their in-depth knowledge to provide technical advice and development to less experienced testers. The Test Engineer works under the general direction and support of senior staff. They exercise a degree of independent judgement and make decisions within defined parameters that require reliance on skills and knowledge. They plan their own work and contribute to team work goals in the context of competing priorities, and changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies.
Location of Work
- Create and execute complex test cases on appropriate testing platforms using own in-depth technical analysis of specifications
- Develop test plans, test cases, task cards, and supporting test data and/or requirements, under own direction from the specifications provided
- Create complex test data within the test environment
- Apply in-depth technical analysis, practices and procedures when designing, executing and creating test cases
- Analyse and report on test activities and results, and escalate issues and risks to senior staff
- Identify, manage and document defects, programming errors and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications
- conduct testing to ensure the ICT service functions as per requirements
- maintain up-to-date knowledge of ICT related legislation, policy and processes and transfer knowledge to other team members
Skills and experiences
- Experience as an ICT Test Analyst or Test Engineer
- Experience testing in a large, complex ICT environment
- Formal training in testing theory (e.g. ISTQB or CSTP), or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with various testing methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid
- Experience in integrated enterprise wide application development projects with complex business rules and high data volumes desirable
- Experience testing in a Windows environment with the SAP application stack desirable
If interested, please apply directly through the links provided. Alternately, contact Raj or Wanya for more information.
0452 542 463
0422 375 690
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies:
Due to the nature of this role, Australian Citizens need only apply.