Branch: The Branch is responsible for laboratory testing of products, providing expert advice and scientific services to the evaluation of such products.
The primary responsibility of the position is the administration and undertaking testing functions supporting the team, liaising with international stakeholders and reporting of activities as required. The position will also be responsible for supporting business operations, planning and reporting functions as required and contribute to the Sections testing functions.
30 September 2021
Possibility of extension
Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Canberra – Symonston
Candidates must be able to demonstrate
- Analytical capability in a relevant scientific discipline and experience in writing scientific reports
- The ability to work in the laboratory environment and to undertake routine testing, development of new methods and maintain and improve the systems underpinning that work
- Willingness to contribute ideas and support organisational goals
- An understanding of key scientific laboratory techniques that underpin testing of biological medicines or vaccines.
- High level interpersonal, liaison and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to develop productive working relationships to identify opportunities, facilitate cooperation and achieve outcomes
- Ability to communicate effectively within teams and work autonomously with drive and determination
- Experience and sounds knowledge of IT systems and tools including Sharepoint, office applications including Word and Excel.
- The ability to manage projects, work flexibly in a high-pressure environment while responding positively and flexibly to change; and
- The ability to strategically overcome roadblocks to deliver and drive projects.
- Graduate qualifications in a relevant scientific field and previous laboratory experience would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated project management skills highly desirable.
Please reach out to Kalpana for further information.
Kalpana Palaniyappa on
0403 200 666