This Federal Government Department sits on the cutting edge of science and technology in Australia, and plays a critical role in harnessing and enabling innovative solutions to some of the biggest challenges we face as a country.
The Department has recently identified an opportunity to establish a new team focused on providing centralised oversight, alignment and co-ordination of cross-organisational strategic initiatives.
The team is still in it’s infancy, and as part of the growth of the team, an opportunity has arisen for a Strategy Delivery Manager to come on board and help the Executive Manager to shape and mature the delivery of it’s services to the Department.
Working with a variety of stakeholders across multiple Business Units and Enterprise Services teams, the Stratgy Delivery Manager will be a thought-partner for strategic initiative owners, enabling the maturity of initiative teams’ program management capabilities, and leading/designing organisational processes and approaches to improve strategy execution – in simple terms, connecting the dots between Strategy Planning and Strategy Execution.
The Strategy Delivery Manager will require someone with excellent interpersonal skills, strong judgement to be critical, adaptable and outcomes-focused, and a person passionate about making social impact through science and innovation.
Ideally, the successful candidate will come from a Management Consulting (or similar) background and have experience in Strategy Delivery and will be able to utilise structured problem solving methodologies to upskill stakeholders, creating consistency across the organisation in their approach to strategy execution.
- Partner with Strategic Initiative Owners and provide expertise to effectively design, plan, monitor and report on their strategic programs. This includes:
- Developing outcome-focused goals and metrics, clear milestones and work plans, and change management plans.
- Providing coaching and support to initiative teams to enhance program design and measurement capabilities
- Proactively identifying identify risks, issues and opportunities for efficiencies and synergies across the Department’s strategic initiatives
- Prioritising initiative delivery plans, dependencies, alignment and sequencing requirements to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Lead, facilitate and/or design organisational processes, frameworks and/or tools to improve our translation of strategy to execution (into practical goals, programs/projects and success measures) and how we monitor and report on progress.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed stakeholders, across all levels of the organisation, to analyse and explore varied approaches to solving business challenges and achieve holistic outcomes for the organisation.
- Develop high quality presentations and report, including Executive Team and Board papers, submissions and other written or presentation materials.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience solving business problems utilising structured frameworks, methodologies and tools (e.g. hypothesis-based problem solving)
- Familiar with the strategy to execution lifecycle, with experience in leading or delivering elements of the lifecycle
- Experience in Strategy, Management/Professional Services Consulting and/or planning and delivering change programs preferred
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and ability to synthesise information and frame complex issues to develop insights and support strategic discussions and decision-making.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to succinctly convey complex messages and effectively facilitate stakeholder discussions.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing contexts, effectively build and manage relationships with stakeholders, and deliver results in diverse environments.
If this sounds like you, please contact Dom Jennings on 0414 145 158 or Dom.Jennings@calleo.com.au for a confidential discussion on your suitability for the position.