We are seeking to engage several Actuarial Analysts at Graduate level to transform the usage of data and aid in the development of policy and drive service delivery for one of our esteemed Federal Government clients in Canberra!
Note: Due to nature of work, you MUST be an Australian Citizen to be considered for these requirements.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- A tertiary degree with a major in actuarial studies, statistics, mathematics, finance, computer science, or a closely related discipline which includes a substantial mathematics component.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with the ability to use one of the well-adopted specialist software packages (SAS, R, STATA or other closely related programming languages) for data analytics or modelling purposes. Prior experience in SAS and predictive analytics will be well-regarded (but not mandatory)
- A capacity to contribute to wider strategies and initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a proven ability to communicate results of data analytics into meaningful and actionable insights for diverse audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities and achieve timely results
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment under limited supervision
- Experience in model development and related analysis will be regarded favorably (this could be part of your project work in the University)
You will be undertaking the following responsibilities but NOT limited to:
- Manipulating big data stored in the Teradata system
- Developing, validating, and maintaining complex actuarial models
- Preparing data and developing detailed spreadsheets
- Formulating methods and assumptions
- Developing computer programs in SAS
- Liaising with stakeholders, through written and oral channels
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Developing a suite of interactive dashboards and reports for policy areas to gain insights
Please reach out to Kalpana Palaniyappa on 0403 200 666 /Lakshmi Deepak on 0404 507 402 OR email them at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org for further more information.
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: