EL 1 Media and Communications Officer
- Contract commencing late February 2022 until June 2023 with scope for extension
- Largest national security and law enforcement legislative project in 40 years
- Barton, ACT location
Be part of Australia’s electronic surveillance legislative framework reform. The communication tasks will be significant as this project will be controversial and will attract scrutiny.
Our client is seeking an experienced, reliable communications professional who excels at analysing complex subject matter and distilling information from a range of sources into well-crafted, informative and influential narratives.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing communication products such as media releases, talking points, social media content and internal messaging products to ensure stakeholders receive clear and consistent messaging on the reforms
- Using appropriate communication channels to deliver explanations and build confidence in regards to the need for the reforms
- Identifying opportunities to support strategic objectives and develop speech outlines and coordinating the collection of cleared material for incorporation
- Working with the Department’s production and design team to develop communication products and an official webpage to facilitate public consultation
- Monitoring media and existing Government websites and materials in order to identify key information gaps that need to be addressed
- Providing strategic direction and guidance, including identifying courses of action which lead to the achievement of the goals of the business area and Department
The Must Haves:
- Proven ability in applying expertise, knowledge and skills to recommend solutions for a range of complex media and communications issues
- Demonstrated experience in delivering expert advice on messaging and communication activities for issues management relating to policy, procedures and service delivery
- Experience in developing general and targeted communication strategies and messaging to deliver complex messages to diverse audiences
- Developed project management skills to organise, coordinate, plan and implement projects within a given period
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive relevant industry experience
As part of this recruitment process, applicants are required to complete a brief selection criteria.
This opportunity is within the Australian Public Service. In order to be considered, please note that candidates must be an Australian Citizen at time of application and hold a minimum Baseline Security Clearance.
If you would like additional information on this role please contact Kathryn on 0493 138 978 or email Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: