EL 1 Policy Analyst
Our client is looking to engage an EL 1 Policy Analyst with a legal and/or policy background, particularly within a program or taskforce setting.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide input into the development of an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA), including negotiating, analysing and drafting specific clauses.
- Support engagement with key stakeholders, including through the IGA Working Group.
- Assist in the development of operating parameters and an operating model for a new entity.
- Develop clear written material, submissions and briefs suitable for a range of executive and Ministerial audiences.
- Contribute to a variety of Cabinet and Ministerial submissions and related processes.
- Project co-ordination duties, such as:
- the development and implementation of work plans
- assist the IGA Lead to identify / escalate appropriate issues and risks.
- ensure alignment with other Program work streams and activities.
Proposed Order Commencement Date
Proposed Order Term and/or Completion Date
30 June 2024
Options to extend
The Entity may extend the Contract for a further period or periods, up to 12 months
NV 1 security clearance preferred; Baseline as minimum
Essential Skills / Experience
- Proven ability to prepare clear written material regarding complex matters.
- Demonstrated policy development and implementation expertise, preferably including through development of Cabinet submissions and associated documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and operate in a fast-paced environment.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Legal qualifications and/or experience in a legal policy setting
- Experience in IGAs and/or drafting of legal agreements.
Calleo is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kalpana on 0403 200 666 for more information.
Alternatively, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.