EL 1 Financial Systems Accountant
- Contract until 29 July 2022 with scope for extension
- Canberra base preferred but open to all other major cities in Australia
- Extensive SAP experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the finance systems and tools together with their interfaces in relation to information technology governance, processes and improvements.
- Analysing and mapping finance processes as well as system processes to identify risks, gaps, and improvements
- Prepare advice relating to complex financial systems, business requirements and operational impacts of change for non-technical stakeholder
- Coordinate and contribute to system design, especially the user interface, in consultation with Finance Teams and Information Technology areas
- Coordinating and perform system testing, particularly user acceptance testing
- Manage and process day to day activities and system error resolutions such as: master data and ad-hoc requests; helpdesk support and audit enquiries, end of month and end of year financials; systems interface and financial reports
- Coordinate and perform user acceptance testing, documentation, training, communication, change management within finance business area together with information technology and relevant stakeholders
The Must Haves
- Extensive experience in a financial systems environment, business processes, system functionality, communication, and project management
- Ability to lead complex or ill-defined problems in an often-ambiguous environment through to effective resolution
- Having expert knowledge of SAP system to quickly identify and resolve financial systems generated problems for various SAP modules particularly the PS, SAC, and Ariba
- Having a clear understanding of the public sector financial governance frameworks and experience with the finance business processes.
- Tertiary qualification in Finance or Information Technology
This opportunity is within the Australian Public Service. In order to be considered, please note that candidates must be an Australian Citizen at time of application, with the ability to obtain / maintain Baseline Security Clearance.
If you would like additional information on this role please contact Kathryn on 0493 138 978 or email Kathryn.email@example.com
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: