Our Federal Government Client is seeking talented contractors to assist in a long term program and being ultimately responsible for COTS monitoring tools and data development.
Deliverables including but not limited to:
- Maintaining in-house monitoring tool (Compass) using Java, C#, React and SQL and CI/CD;
- Building, configuring and supporting COTS monitoring tools to enable Application Performance Monitoring of Key departmental systems;
- Implementing feeds and transformations from multiple data sources (SQL, Files, Kafka, Prometheus, HTTP) into a monitoring suite;
- Producing documentation to support the design and ongoing support of the tools;
- Producing Web dashboards as required (e.g. Kibana, Grafana).
- Adding reporting capabilities into Compass as required.
- Providing assistance with feeding events into alerting and reporting solutions;
- Mentoring and coaching team members including transferring skills and knowledge;
- Liaising with development teams/project teams to ensure that the appropriate performance monitoring is implemented.
- Creating and maintaining online Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the suite or monitoring tools;
- Creating and updating architectural documents where required, including but not limited to Deployment Diagrams, Context Diagrams and Security Impact Assessments;
- Creating monitoring reporting plans detailing thresholds and escalation paths
Length of contract
Contract to 30 June 2022.
Options to extend for further periods up to 2 x 12 months.
Candidates with the following skills are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in IT operations or development roles
- Demonstrated experience with IT service operations processes (Incident, Problem, Change), including an understanding of and use of IT service operations processes and tools, documenting and updating standard operating procedures and technical documentation
- Ability to work independently according to priorities, practices and methodologies to deliver quality outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and make decisions involving complex issues
If interested, please apply directly through the links provided. Alternately, please feel free to contact Raj or Wanya for more information.
0422 375 690
0452 542 463
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: