This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams, following Agile methodology to develop IT systems. Working closely with solution architects and other technical specialists the role will support design, development and deployment activities.
Under the direction of the Delivery Manager, Solution Architects and Technical Lead, this role will:
- Collaborate with team members to understand data storage needs in both on-premises and AWS cloud.
- Design and engineer to desired business needs
- Apply engineering techniques including Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) to implement database specifications.
- Conduct preliminary data validation for ingestion and/or delivered databases.
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Provide continuous delivery and continuous integration (CI/CD) support.
- Instil a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a team environment,
- Work with the delivery manager and team to support an agile delivery model, and
- Undertake additional duties as required.
Applicants must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively in a multi-discipline team. They must have experience in supporting and contributing to a highly collaborative culture where team members work closely to deliver quality outcomes.
- Proven work experience as a Data Engineer.
- Extensive knowledge of data scripting languages such as SQL, Shell and Python, and data integration platforms such as Informatica PowerCenter or Informatica Intelligent Cloud Service (IICS) Data Integration.
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with data storage technologies such as NoSQL Elasticsearch and RDBMS PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- o AWS cloud
- o CI/CD automation
Canberra, ACT, Australia
If you are interested in the above job, please forward your resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0404 331 242
Due to the nature of this role, this job is open to Australian Citizens only. Candidates who currently hold or able to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances are highly desirable.
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: