Data and Technology Executive Manager
Estimated start date
Length of contract
3 years non-ongoing engagement
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Purpose of the position
Leading the newly formed Data and Technology team this role provides end to end oversight and management of the data collection, customer relationship business processes and technology platform. This includes data management and engagement with organisations that report through our client’s current programs and support for the delivery of expanded or new programs.
This position is guided by an established product strategy and data governance framework with a significant business technology transformation initiative launching soon.
The successful applicant will be comfortable wearing multiple hats, experienced in building strong relationships with both the client’s external customers and internal teams, maximising the value of newly implemented technology platform to deliver product enhancements and changes, managing external technology partners and contracts and be the technical champion of the platform.
Expected outcomes and accountabilities
- Overseeing the leadership of the Data and Technology team members, defining and providing the strategic direction for the team, planning processes including developing business plans, performance standards and implementing strategies for the work area that will ensure the attainment of the critical results expected.
- Bringing a broader perspective to the team, encouraging the team to focus on different (innovative) ways of meeting business objectives, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, building cooperation, promoting unity and a common corporate culture direction.
- Making decisions of major significance by developing, implementing, and managing a multi-tier strategy, model and budget for the Data and Technology functions.
- Contributing to the overall strategy and operations by working as part of the Executive Team and providing strategic advice on matters relating to data, technology, and security.
- Initiating, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders (including but not limited to employers, government, vendors, and suppliers), representing and promoting our client’s business objectives and communicating the strategic vision.
- Providing extensive guidance on statutory, regulatory and policy frameworks relevant to data, technology and security. This includes situations that include a high level of complexity and sensitivity, which require considerable interpretation and analysis
- Driving the management of data governance, data collection and storage, security and integrity.
- Developing, delivering and auditing security and privacy processes and principles and ensuring that Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP) & Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) requirements are met by our client.
- Implementing data sharing processes considering the associated risks and our client’s legislative requirements.
What’s on offer
- a culture that is committed to achieving results and values innovation
- opportunities to work on agency wide projects and collaborations
- flexible working arrangements and excellent working conditions
- attractive salary packages including generous superannuation and a range of other benefits.
Required Technical Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in the field of computer science, engineering or management or equivalent experience
- Well-proven knowledge in IS Strategy and Enterprise Architecture, ie TOGAF
Please reach out to Kalpana for further information.
Kalpana Palaniyappa on
0403 200 666