Our Federal Government client is seeking an experienced Policy and Secretariat Officer to join this busy Division who are responsible for testing the quality of medicines and medical devices approved for supply in Australia. The Branch collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including industry experts and consumer groups both in Australia and internationally.
The Policy and Secretariat Officer will be involved in four major international meetings that are taking place in 2022. Whilst no international travel will take place, we are looking for a flexible individual willing to work unsociable hours on the meeting days. Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide secretariat, coordination, and support for the International Medical Devices Regulatory Forum (IMDRF).
- Produce high quality papers, correspondence, including briefings, minutes, and reports and promptly resolve issues relating to relevant committees and working groups.
- Ensure committee actions are completed to a high standard and on time.
- Coordinate, contribute to, quality check and circulate briefings to the Australian Chair, IMDRF committee, specialist advisors and senior executives.
- Anticipate and appropriately respond to stakeholder needs and expectations including organising workshops and coordinating papers for feedback and actions.
- Develop and support complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders including international stakeholders.
- Update SOPs, ensure relevant share point sites are up to date and manage regular edits to the IMDRF website.
- Contribute to policy development and advice including undertaking research and analysis to support drafting of briefing, meeting papers or presentations.
- Interpret existing policy to support business improvement process.
- Undertake contract management and reporting.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience within a Secretariat or Coordination position and have the ability to work under pressure whilst meeting competing timeframes. You will also possess:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to engage and build collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- High levels of motivation.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
Apply now for immediate consideration or for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Deb Moss on 0477 538973 or email@example.com
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the advertised position.