APS 6 Financial Accountant
- Ongoing or Non-ongoing Transfer opportunities
- Phillip, ACT location
- Unique Government Agency
The APS 6 Financial Accountant position sits within the Financial Reporting team. This team is responsible for the financial reporting including financial statements, monthly financial reporting to Department of Finance, internal financial control, asset management, and ensuring compliance with Accountable Authority Instructions and financial delegations.
The successful candidate will be:
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of the monthly and annual actuals reporting in CBMS as well as the externally published annual financial statements
- Preparing general ledger journals and the end of month reconciliations for both departmental and administered accounts
- Managing the asset register, including overseeing the annual stocktake, impairment assessment and revaluations
- Assisting in the management of the agency taxation obligations, including the preparation of FBT and GST returns
In this role, you may be supervising an individual or a small team. You will be ensuring quality outputs for the team including conducting quality assurance activities and developing expertise required within the team.
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- Practical experience and sound knowledge of the Australian Government Financial Framework
- Demonstrated experience and ability in preparing monthly and annual financial statements or in preparing internal and external budgets
- Demonstrated experience in financial management information systems and the central budget management system
- Ability to interpret and apply the Accounting Standards, the PGPA Act and Rules, Estimates Memoranda and other guidance as disseminated by the Department of Finance
- It is desirable for the successful candidate to be CA/CPA qualified or has completed post-graduate qualifications in Commerce, Business or Finance.
This opportunity is within the Australian Public Service. In order to be considered, please note that candidates must be an Australian Citizen at time of application and hold and maintain a current Baseline Security Clearance.
If you would like additional information on this role please contact Kathryn on 0493 138 978 or email Kathryn.email@example.com
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: