APS 6 Facilities Officer
- Contract until 22 December 2023
- Darwin, NT
- $57.00 to $65.00 per hour plus superannuation
Our Federal Government client is seeking a Business and Infrastructure Services Coordinator to join their Darwin office. You will be joining a team that manages a complex property portfolio of over 1,000 owned and leased building spreading across 59 locations within Australia and in three countries overseas. These facilities are diverse in ownership, type of property, age and condition.
The successful candidate typically supervises a small team that delivers “hard services” such as repairs, maintenance and minor works; and “soft services” including security, cleaning, waste management, grounds maintenance and accommodation relocations.
Your responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Liaise with clients to anticipate their needs, take personal responsibility for guaranteeing client satisfaction, and correct problems promptly and in a constructive manner
- Coordinate the services to receive, process, assess, manage and monitor all job requests, utilising the work order management and invoicing system, through to completion
- Supervise on site contractor delivery through monitoring of contractor performance in line with contract KPI’s, provide feedback to management via service dockets and reporting
- Monitor compliance with legislative and other governing authorities’ requirements and the areas procedures
- Actively participate in the Facilities Condition Audit Program and annual reviews of site or region facilities and services, including assistance with the updating of the MPlan data
- Provide and apply technical advice and operational expertise in regard to equipment functionality and possible design alternatives, asset condition status and expected service delivery life, seasonal demands, preventative asset maintenance programs and replacement priority work schedules based on priorities and service needs
- Identify and advise on emerging risks and threats in delivering asset management escalating issues in a timely manner and as needed to ensure risks are effectively managed
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- A building related trade certificate or relevant work experience in the delivery of facility management services
- Sound ability to work closely with a diverse operational team of property professionals across several sites and proven experience in providing support to a complex property portfolio comprising of several sites and a diverse cross section of business requirements
- Sound knowledge of procurement processes
- Demonstrated experience in co-ordinating trade and other services contractors
- Proven interpersonal skills including sound negotiation and written and oral communication skills
This opportunity is within the Australian Public Service. In order to be considered, please note that candidates must be an Australian Citizen at time of application and be willing to undergo a National Police Check.
If you would like additional information on this role please contact Kathryn on 0493 138 978 or email Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: