Our client is seeking an experienced Compliance Support Officer at the APS4 level to join their busy Regulatory Compliance Section. The section is responsible for addressing non-compliance and monitoring related activities around illegal and counterfeit goods. The Branch provide regulatory education, guidance and assist with referrals of breaches and complaints from other sections and stakeholders.
The Compliance Officer will provide support for regulatory compliance related matters, undertaking a range of activities that will include:
- Provide regulatory compliance support in the enforcement of legislation relating to the import, export, manufacture, supply and advertising of goods.
- Assess and identify alleged breaches of the relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Identify and record evidence to support investigative outcomes, including possible compliance actions.
- Draft and issue official correspondence in accordance with relevant Government policy and legislation.
- Prepare compliance documentation including warning letters to stakeholders regarding alleged identified breaches of the legislation.
- Assist senior staff in the conduct of large and/or complex compliance activities.
- Maintain an awareness of developing compliance issues.
- Maintain sound records and information management approaches and contribute to procedures and systems development.
To be successful in these roles you will possess strong written and oral communication. You will be organised, adaptable to chance and possess the ability to prioritise, multi-task and display a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You will exercise sound judgment, a high degree of initiative and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information. A Certificate IV in Government Investigations will be highly regarded.
Candidates must hold a current Baseline Security Clearance.
If you would like additional information on this role please contact Deb Moss on 0477 538973 or email email@example.com
Follow Calleo on LinkedIn and visit our website to keep up to date on all our current job vacancies: